At about 2.30pm on 25-08-19 the 1st Camp Youth Service begun at the Apostolic Faith Church Ghana, Chapel Hill, Aplaku Camp ground. The choir and Orchestra rendered a few songs after which Bro. Isaac Narh-Rich the Ghana Youth leader led the congregation to sing “Praise the King of Glory”, “Sing Them Over Again to Me”, “When the Power of God Descended” and “When upon life’s Billows” all hymns from the Collected Gospel Songs.
Announcements were given after the opening prayer followed by some testimonies by some of the brethren. A special song was rendered after which the new youth leader graced us with a short and powerful sermon.
The theme of the sermon was “Acquainting Ourselves with God”. Job 22:21
He mentioned that before one can do exploits, he/she must get power which is by getting saved from our lives of seen. He cited the example of Nicodemus who found out God can give him power through salvation. He also mentioned Zacchaeus story in the bible where he got to a point of craving to see Jesus and decided not to let situations or his circumstances stop him from meeting him to get the Power. The power which led him to restoring in folds to those he had cheated and to right his wrongs God helping him.
Bro. Narh-Rich made it known to all present that when we acquaint ourselves with God and get saved, He gives us the power to be strong and to do exploits. He stated that, when God is with you he gives you the capability to do exploits. He then made a reference in the bible that said “One man will chase a thousand” and that is an example of using the power given us to do exploits. He also mentioned Sampson’s jaw bone that he used to kill a thousand.
He concluded by letting everyone know that if only we will acquaint ourselves to God he has given us the assurance in Isaiah 41:8-15. Which says below;
- But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.
- Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.
- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
- Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
- Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
- For I the Lordthy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
- Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
- Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff.
Other bible references made during the sermon were; John 1:12 Daniel 11:32,
He concluded by letting all know that God has chosen us to do exploits in our schools, offices, and market, and so on. Also that the hour is here for God to make us sharp threshing instruments and we should pray and seek for power to do exploits for him. Amen.
“Have you been to Jesus” was rendered as the closing hymn which led to people to rush to the alters.